Translate

Thursday, October 22, 2015



This is my latest sewing project.  I had planned on making a 1940's repro pattern robe.  But I didn't have enough material to do it.  So, since I need a decent housedress, this will be what I will do.

I intend to extend the sleeves a bit though, at least a few inches.  I also realize I need to get myself a nice cardigan for the winter.  So, off to Saver's or Deseret Industries I will go.  Surely there will be a decent cardi available one of these places without me having to pay full price?  If not, well...Old Navy?

It's getting a bit chilly here, fall is finally arriving.  I tend to keep the thermostat down in the winter, hence my discussing things like cardigans.  Ideally, I could find one with 3/4 sleeves.  Yeah, right...  I'd love to have one so I didn't have to alway be pushing my sleeves up or taking it off all the time.  What I want and what I find, however...

What projects is everyone else working on?

3 comments:

  1. I am curious. Does this dress have a side, front or back zipper? My sister had a dress she made in the 60s that had a side zipper that looked like this and it was very hard to get in and out of. I really do like the stye of this dress! :-) I could also be changed to a dressy dress with a lace overlay on the collar. It is such a basic style but with a lot of style!! I should go to the store and look at the pattern books too! :-)
    I do hope we start to have some fall weather here. It is supposed to be 90 this weekend. We are looking forward to fall. :) I do enjoy your's and gdonna's blogs. Thank you. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress, I love the retro patterns. They just look so ladylike :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talbots sells 3/4 length sleeve cardigans in the Spring. Not cheap, but good long lasting quality.

    ReplyDelete