Translate

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hello, I wanted to check in before I head off to work here until almost nine this evening.  Before I forget, I want to share a fantastic blog site I follow.

gdonna.com
She is wonderful, has wonderful ideas and tips, and tries to live simply like the past as much as is possible in her daily life.  I hope you'll stop by her site and check it out.  I'm sure you'll be as thrilled about her ideas as I am!

My official "start date" will be June 23rd, 2015.  However, if I have everything together and think I'm ready, I'll start earlier.  Either way I'll post when I start.

Today I've been gathering together the ration points for the blue and red stamps and also the point value of various foods and their color of stamps.  I think that will be the most time consuming thing I have to do, so I might be ready WAY earlier than I estimate.  That would be great.  I've just learned that I tend to underestimate the time I need to accomplish some tasks, so I've started automatically doubling the time and adjusting from there.  Does anyone else do that?

Here's a great site for info on rationing and points.  It is presented as an exercise/game for children to teach them about rationing.

https://books.google.com/books?id=NDT1TMbYDJoC&pg=PA53&lpg=PA53&dq=what+were+the+ration+point+values+for+different+cuts+of+meat+in+the+US+in+WWII&source=bl&ots=7wCsXLrr5E&sig=FELd2gW7E_sHNRp8CObygzr2lno&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDMQ6AEwA2oVChMI_Yvq9pGIxgIVCxKsCh0g2gBz#v=onepage&q=what%20were%20the%20ration%20point%20values%20for%20different%20cuts%20of%20meat%20in%20the%20US%20in%20WWII&f=false

Have a great day everyone, and think vintage thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment