Translate

Monday, June 15, 2015

Today I Begin

Today, I am officially starting my experiment.

Each adult receives 48 blue points for processed foods, and 64 red points for meat/fish/dairy for a month.  Lets see, since there are five people here right now, I figured we had 240 blue points and 320 red points for the month.  Since it's the 15th, I divided them in half for 120 blue and 160 red.

I bought a pound of bacon - 7 red
1 Family pack chicken - 0
2 Fresh Peppers - 0
2 bunches radishes - 0
Potatoes, 5lb fresh - 0
cheese, 8 oz - 4 red
hot dogs - 7 red

So, this trip I spent 18 red stamps and that leaves us with 102 red points.  Please, if I've made any errors let me know.  I want to be accurate.

I will also be using up what I have at home in the refrigerator and my pantry and counting whatever I buy new.  We won't buy gas for a few days, but so far we've driven six miles.

Any input is welcome!  If you see anywhere I've made an error in points, please let me know and if you would, share the link where you got your info so I can look and add it to my research materials.

I'm excited!  This should be fun and educational!

2 comments:

  1. Does chicken not count as meat? Is it only beef and pork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken wasn't rationed unless it was canned. It wasn't always available, but it wasn't rationed. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete